Tuesday, May 25, 2010

John's life

I've lately been reading Acts for what seems like the first time. Its odd to me how I feel like I've read pieces of the whole Bible through my life, only to find that there are whole books that are completely unfamiliar to me. Oh what a story!
Can I just say that if I could get my stuff together, I would write a first person narrative on the life of Luke to showcase in more colorful terms, all the mud they had to be drug through for the sake of spreading the gospel.

I digress...

The verse that drove me to loss of breath today was this:

"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace" (Acts 20:24)

and then I fall over dead.

How many times have I considered the approval of someone else worth more to me than even attempting the task of spreading the gospel? How many times have you? And Paul puts this task above the preciousness of even his own life!

God, thank you that your grace allows even a wimpy flip-flopper like me to have a living relationship with you.