Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Julie and Julia Inspiration

Julie & Julia
This Sunday we received a copy of Julie and Julia in our mailbox from Netflix. Though it was the movie that I took my baby to on our first date (we go on movie dates together on Friday mornings), I thought I should watch it again, and boy was it inspirational. But it has also put me in a very contemplative state.

Could I ever stick to ONE subject for a year like Julie did with her blog through the cookbook?
Could I ever stick to ONE subject long enough to get a whole book published like Julia did?

Themes that I've been toying around with for the last 5 years:
efficacy
self discovery
identity
idolatry
how-tos
how-not-tos
exercise/diet
Bible devotionals

Maybe if I could narrow down a topic and focus on it... I could do something important. Something inspirational. God forbid I ever say what Amy Adam's character said ... something like... "maybe if I get published we won't have to live above a pizzeria forever" That would be a horrible thing to say. I would never say that. I live on the ground floor.

What if I started a pyramid scheme.... I know someone who just did... I could get in on the ground floor with them?

God... I beg you for contentment and a focus on you. I ask you to give me a quiet spirit, and an ability to clothe myself in righteousness

Time to change Little Man's diaper before it makes my neighbours pass out.